Sunday, July 20, 2014

Quick curtain hanger holder repair


Some curtain hangers are fixed in place with this kind of hangers which are mounted on the wall.


Unfortunately they brake really easy and they are difficult to glue because there is not enough glue surface for the glue up to be strong.


I decided to join my broken parts with metal inside them that would make them really strong. Some nails will do the job. First of all I'll sand clean the surfaces for the glue up. Then I cut my nails to size.




Now I must drill some holes to both sides for the nails to sit in. To find the appropriate size for my drill bit I use my caliper.





Now I do a dry fit test.


I'm gonna use two part epoxy glue to glue everything up. I will apply glue in the holes also.


Now I clamp everything  and I wait a couple of hours for the glue to dry and my fix is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment