Wednesday, March 23, 2016

How to make the wooden spoonfork









First of all I designed the front and the side of my spoon fork in illustrator. I then printed out the template and glued it on the wood, using spray adhesive.

I begun by cutting the side on the bandsaw. Once the side was cut I added a few drops of hot glue and rejoined the parts together. I then cut the main side on the bandsaw.

I also made a few slice cuts on the bottom of the spoon using the bandsaw.

Using a sharp knife, I carved the basic round overs on my spoon fork.

I clamped the item on my bench to work on the spoon’s inner curve. I made a starting line using my V carving chisel. I then Used a rounded gouge to carve out the curvy parts.

I glued a piece of carpet tape on a scrap piece of wood and added sand paper. I used this sanding block as a file to do the final shaping and sanding on my piece.

For the rounded corners I used a dowel as a sanding block.

I used a curved scraper to clean the spoon’s inner curve from the tool marks.

To finish the piece, I applied a coat of my homemade beeswax and olive oil finish which I think it is food safe.

I hope you like my home made spoonfork!


Download a free template of my spoon fork here. If the link does not work, send me a private message in Facebook and I will send it to you.



4 comments:

  1. Thank you for this! Really nice work. How do you make the homemade beeswax?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this! Really nice work. How do you make the homemade beeswax?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find a how to video for the beeswax in my you tube channel. Thank you very much, glad you liked it!

      Delete