Wednesday, February 10, 2016

How to make a Valentine’s scroll saw bowl











I made this piece out of 8mm birch plywood.

First of all I designed my vector template and printed it out.

I cut the plywood roughly to size using my table saw. For the cross cuts, I used my sled.

I then used spray adhesive to glue the templates on the wood.

I drilled the entry holes for the scroll saw blade on my drill press.

I then cut all 8 pieces of the bowl using my scroll saw.

I clamped the pieces on a vise, and sanded them. I used an old chisel as a sanding block for the round parts and a flat scrap piece for the others.

I used WD-40 to remove the templates from the wood.

With a small syringe I applied the glue. I glued the two halfs of the bowl separately and then glued them all together.


A bit more sanding and my Valentine’s day love bowl is ready!

You can download a free vector template of the bowl here.



2 comments: