Thursday, February 25, 2016

Designing and making a DIY multiple tealight holder









First of all I did a rough sketch of my idea on paper. Than I designed the templates of my holder in illustrator.

I used 20mm plywood for this project.

I glued the templates on the plywood using prey adhesive.

I then cut out all the pieces on my bandsaw.

Using my belt sander I removed all the saw marks.

For difficult to reach areas, I used a sanding block. Just a scrap piece of wood, on which I glued a piece of sandpaper with carpet tape.

I clamped my router on my vise. I used a round over bit and rounded all the edges of my pieces.

All the parts of the piece are connected with a 16mm oak dowel. I used my drill press and a spade bit to drill the holes that receive the dowel.

I then used a 40mm forstner bit to drill the holes for the candles.

I cut the dowel to size on my bandsaw. I used my drill press as a lathe, to sand the edge of the dowel.

I used WD40 to remove the templates from the pieces.

I finished the piece by applying a coat of teak oil.

I glued the dowel to the base and assembled all the pieces together.


My tea light holder is ready!


You can download free vector plans for this project here.



4 comments:

  1. The vector plans are not there please can you email me them at
    Rexram123@outlook.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all think the project is cool
    I would like the plans also please. Dadams14@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no plans to see at the site you have put up???

    terrywn46@gmail.com

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is no plans,can you help me please?
    gabrielcristea@gmail.com
    Thank's

    ReplyDelete