Wednesday, September 9, 2015

How to make a wall mount for an action camera, with a CNC machine









I wanted a way to mount my action camera on top of my workbench. So I decided to make a custom wooden mount out of plywood.

After a couple of hours of brainstorming I came up with the basic idea of my design. Basically it is just an arm on which you can make several length and rotation adjustments.

I designed all the paths in Illustrator and cut all the pieces using the CNC machine. I used 4mm plywood for this piece. For some parts I had to glue multiple plywood pieces in order to get the thickness I wanted.

You can download the PDF file of the design here.

I sanded all the pieces of the mount and assembled the whole mechanism using, bolts, washers and butterfly nuts.

The camera is mounted on with zip ties and the whole piece gets screwed on the wall.

I hope you like it!


5 comments:

  1. Awesome, would you mind sharing your file? brian@summerswoodworking.co

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have added a link for the PDF file to the description of the video and the article!

      Delete
  2. Γεια στα χεράκια σου Μητσάκο...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Σε ευχαριστώ φίλε μου, να'σαι καλά!

      Delete